The origin of the VPK Packaging Group dates back to 1936 with the creation of the company by Omer Macharis. In 2013 we realized an operating income of € 1.020 million with 4.860 employees. The group operates 47 plants in 16 countries. Our strong financial structure, our well-thought-out investment strategy and the defensive nature of our activity, coupled with our determination to grow continuously, are key factors enabling us to look to the future with confidence. Recycled paper is processed at our own paper mills in Dendermonde and Strasbourg into new paper as valuable raw material for corrugated board, solid board, cores and edge protectors. Waste recycled paper becomes new raw material (paper) which in turn becomes new valuable packaging, excelling in protection and supported by a high service level.
VPK produces and markets following products :
- 890.000 Tons of paper for corrugated board with 3 paper machines
- 560 mio m² of corrugated board sheets with 3 Aquila sheet feeders
- 2.100 mio m² of corrugated board packaging in its 12 corrugated board packaging plants
- 150.000 Tons of solid board packaging in its 2 Smart Packaging Solutions plants
- 130.000 Tons of cores and edge protectors in its 12 Corex plants